2020 Jeep Wrangler Configurations and Specs.
The Jeep Wrangler is without a doubt an authentic car model. It comes in 8 different trims for everyday comfort and rugged performance. As a rule of thumb, all jeep wrangler models manufactured after 2012 have a standard 6-speed manual transmission and 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine that produces 285 horsepower and 260 lb-ft. of torque. Based on personal preference, though, people customize their models with the many optional add-ons available. Once you find the jeep the fits you best you will most likely seek customizing to fit you perfectly. There are many great online sources out there to find add-ons and accessories. We highly recommend looking over at Jeep Auto Garage.
That said, how do you choose between the different models? Keep reading to find the one that suits your taste!
2020 Wrangler sports
It is the most basic model, considered the entry trim into wranglers which makes it cost-efficient going for. If you’re looking for a jeep wrangler, and are on a tight budget, it’s the ultimate choice. Though it lacks the extra luxury and comfort features, it’s still a stylish car with its black fender flares and Sunrider soft top. Some specifications are as follows:
• Manual windows and locks
• ParkView rear back-up camera
• 16″-steel wheel inches
• Low Pinion Dana 44 heavy-duty rear axle and High Pinion Dana 30 front axle.
• Uconnect® with a 5-inch screen
• Command-Trac 4×4 system
2020 Wrangler Sports S
It is basically an upgrade of the Wrangler Sport. They hare the same core specifications, but some comfort and luxury features have been added to the Sports S. Upgraded features include:
• Remote keyless entry
• Heated side mirrors
• Black Modular Hardtop
• Blind Spot Monitoring
• Tinted rear windows
• 17-inch alloy wheels
• Uconnect® 4 with a 7-inch touchscreen
Remember the good ol’ Willys CJ? Well, the Wrangler Willys pays homage to this edition of jeeps. It is similar to the sport S but includes a Willys’ emblem on the hood and a touch of style on its exterior with the gloss black grille and finish in the center of both the front and rear bumpers. Some other additional features include:
• 17-inch high-gloss black Rubicon wheels
• BFGoodrich mud-terrain tires.
• High Performance 3.73 gears for off-roading and on a highway.
• Large springs for a higher lift just like the rubicon.
• The 2-Door comes with Power convenience: Air conditioning, heated and auto-dimming mirrors, security alarm, and remote keyless entry.
Wrangler Freedom Edition
The brand is renowned for its philanthropic streak. That said, it is no surprise that a portion of each sale of the Freedom edition goes into helping our servicemen and women through the USO. This version is the same as the Sports S but has a couple of additional specifications for comfort and style which include:
• Premium off-road rock rails and steel bumpers.
• Leather-trim seats with the Oscar Mike logo, way to commemorate our heroes.
• Power Convenience Group
• Cast rear differential cover and a premium black soft top
• 115V auxiliary power outlet
It has the same running gear as a Sport model but is popular for its appearance. It has a tan and forest green interior with body-color fender flare and some limited-edition decals. Though it was introduced in the first generation wrangler line up, it remains a choice for any thanks to its comfort and sleek designs. Here are some more features:
• 18″ polished aluminum wheels with Granite Crystal painted pockets
• mild-hybrid eTorque engine technology
• Sky One-Touch Power Top
• Heavy-duty suspension with gas shocks
• Uconnect® 4 infotainment system
• Standard 7-inch touchscreen and optional 8.4-inch touchscreen
It’s an improved version of the Sahara with some features that make it stand amongst the crowd. One of these is its power bulge hood that is quite unique from other trims. An aggressive and sophisticated model, making it the go-to for people looking to make a statement. Here are some specifications:
• 18-inch polished black wheels and a glossy black exterior
• Leather-trimmed heated seats
• Body-color hardtop
• Only comes as a 4-door model
• Black three-piece hardtop
• 6-speed manual transmission
Looking for the most capable trim? Go for this one. It is built to tackle any terrain with its rear locking differentials, Tru-Lok front, Rock-Trac 4×4 system, and 4.10 gears. Here are some additional specifications:
• Improved suspension system with high-pressure monotube shocks
• Tunable valves that make it possible to tread on any kind of terrain.
• Dana 44 heavy-duty front and rear axles
• No need for modification for off-road performance.
Wrangler Rubicon Recon.
It is a mix of the Rubicon and Wrangler Sahara but takes off-road performance to the next level. Features include:
• 17-inch Granite Crystal wheels
• High clearance fender flares
• 33-inch all-terrain tires
• Rock-Trac 4:1 Low Transfer Case
• Tru-Lok Front
• Rear Electronic Locking Differentials
• BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM tires
• Winch adept steel bumper
Choosing Your Wrangler
With that said, which one is right for you? All wranglers are of great performance, offer unprecedented comfort, and are as stylish as vehicles come. The choice comes down to personal customizations, specifications, and your budget!